Cancer doctors usually treat cancer with radiation therapy, surgery or medications, including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and/or biologic therapy, either alone or in combination. If you cancer can be treated with radiation, you will be referred to a radiation oncologist – a doctor who specializes in treating patients with radiation therapy.
At Millennium Physicians, our skilled Radiation Oncologists, Dr. Berilgen, Dr. Patel and Dr. Tuamokumo, will work with your primary doctor and other cancer specialists, such as surgeons and medical oncologists, to oversee your care. The physicians will discuss the details of your cancer with you, the role of radiation therapy in your overall treatment plan and what to expect from your treatment.
We use the latest and most advanced radiation therapy technology to treat cancer. Our radiation facility in The Woodlands is equipped with a Varian iX linear accelerator, for the latest state-of-the-art cancer treatment.
We currently offer the following radiation services:
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) delivers radiation doses to specific areas of a tumor or within a tumor. IMRT allows the radiation treatment to conform into the exact shape of a tumor by controlling the intensity of the beam in different volumes.
- SmartBeam™ IMRT can control radiation within the tumor to deliver higher doses to troubled areas and smaller doses to healthy tissue with little complications. SmartBeam™ IMRT can be used in cases like prostate cancer, where you want to minimize radiation exposure to nearby bladder or rectum tissue.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) is used to treat small brain tumors that can deliver radiation accurately within one to two millimeters.
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) takes the same principals of SRS in preciseness and applies that treatment to body tumors.
- Dynamic Targeting® Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) takes into consideration patient body movement or breathing when delivering accurate radiation. This way, it can treat and target a patient’s tumor with more precision.
- RapidArc® Radiotherapy treats with the same benefits of an IMRT, but with shorter treatment times. RapidArc® is one of the major advancements in radiation therapy.
- Calypso GPS Tracking System delivers radiation treatment alongside real-time tracking of the cancerous tumor inside the body. This can ensure that the radiation is focused on the tumor and not on surrounding health tissues or vital organs.
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D CRT) begins with a complex 3D data configuration of the patient’s tumor and adjacent vital organs. Then, the generated computer images are used to focus radiation around the tumor to execute precision treatment.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) reduces treatment time and spares healthy tissue from exposure to unnecessary radiation compared to whole breast radiation.
- Brachytherapy delivers radiation from inside the breast and directly to the tumor cavity.
- Electronic Brachytherapy (eBx) provides a targeted, painless and non-invasive treatment for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer (NMSC).
Millennium Radiation Centers are located at our Kingwood and Woodlands locations. Not all services are available at both locations. Please call for details.
9323 Pinecroft Drive, Ste. 110
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Phone: (281) 943-2440
22730 Professional Drive
Kingwood, TX 77339
P (281) 312-8545